Week 7 Story: Mahabharata

 Mahabarata

CALL IN RADIO SHOW

Hey what's up guys welcome to JHG radio show. We have a crazy day in store for you listeners on the other end. We're going to have a few guests call in that might have some quarrels with one another so today's show might get a little intense. 

First up on the show we have Arjuna who has had a lot on his plate. Arjuna how are you this evening?

"I have had better days I will say. What all has been going on to cause you to have some bad times? "Well there has been a lot before this but what really set me off was learning that my son was killed. When I heard that, I only had one thing on my mind which was to kill the person who did it which was Jayadratha. I vowed to kill him and I ended up carrying out my vow and killed the person behind my son's death." It seems this wasn't the end of your violent ways. What else happened after this? "Well after that I went into battle and ended up killing Karna in a battle." Well Arjuna, it seems like you have had an interesting last couple weeks and we thank you for being on air with us.

Next on air we have one of the Pandavas, Yudhishthira. How are you doing Yudhishthira? "The last few weeks have not gone entirely to plan. I have lost just about everything. All of my siblings were killed. I refused to be king and ended up leaving my humanly body and went up to the heavens because there was no use for me here anymore." Well thank you for being here with us Yudhishthira and I hope all gets better for you. 

Thank you for joining us today on JHG radio and we'll be back tomorrow with more content. Have a great day!

Author's Note: I decided to turn the story of Mahabharata part D into a sort of radio show where we could hear some of the plots from the story from different character's point of view. I stayed pretty close to most of the plot and kind of just put a little spin on some of the characters to show a little more emotion from each of them. 






Comments

  1. Hi Dalton! I really enjoyed your story and style of re-telling specific events from the Mahabharata. I like how most of the narrative is driven by the dialogue as well as the change in the environment. A radio host listening and learning about the experiences of both Arjuna and Yudhishthira made the readers hear the story from a different perspective. I also like how casual the dialogue was in order to contrast with the seriousness of losing one’s son or leaving one’s body and going to the heavens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dalton!

    That is so cool that you turned your story into like a radio interview. It seems like I could hear the radio voice when reading your story. That is so funny and very creative. It sounds so natural putting those character on an interview because it was able to tell their story without even telling the story.
    I love you. I definitely going to bookmark this and look forward for more from you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dalton,

    I loved how you turned this story into a radio interview! It reminded me a lot of Fallout and Three Dog. I enjoyed how most of your story was actually dialogue instead of just narrative. This really added to the story and made it more realistic. I think you are doing a great job writing and I cannot wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Chiropractor

Week #3 Story: Ramayana