Introduction to a Future Chiropractor

 My major is Health and Exercise Science and my favorite thing about it is that my major can lead to so many different jobs and routes. The best class I took last semester was Human Anatomy. This was a very intense course but was very interesting as I got to examine cadavers and see all the body parts that are on and in us. One big accomplishment that I attained last semester was attaining very good grades last semester. Some of my favorite movies include Good Will Hunting, The Big Short, and The Accountant. Some of my favorite TV shows include The Office, Friends, and Dexter. My favorite music by far is classic 80's as my parents have put me on it for a long time. One of my short time goals is to make it into Chiropractic graduate school this fall. One of my long terms goals would be to graduate Chiropractic school and get my doctorate in Chiropractic. I would like to eventually open up my own Chiropractic practice or be a work with professional athletes.  I have three dogs and a cat. One of my dogs is a German Shepherd, the other is a Rottweiler, and the last one is a Golden Doodle. Some of my favorite places to visit include going to the mountains and snowboarding or anywhere on the beach. One of my favorite hobbies that I have acquired in college is rock climbing. Another one of my hobbies is going hunting. I enjoy getting up early, staking out and waiting to pick out what to kill. The adrenaline rush of pulling the trigger gets me every time. Although I enjoy hunting during the day, I would have to say hunting at night time is by far the most fun because you have to be extra on your toes and it is more challenging. I picked it up sophomore and really enjoy going bouldering here at the climbing gym in Norman. Some of my favorite foods include any kind of pasta, Mexican, and any type of meat. If I could do anything for a day I would go on a boat ride on a river going through the forest to see all the wildlife and mother nature on a sunny day.






Comments

  1. Hi Dalton!

    I am so glad your introduction was one of the ones randomized for me. Chiropractic is something that I find so fascinating! I really enjoy watching chiropractic adjustment and/or massage therapy videos because watching the adjustments is just so satisfying to me. And, I don't mind hearing joint pops and cracks, and I am assuming you don't either since you're going into this field. I wish you the best of luck! You mentioned what breeds your dogs are (and I love how different each of them are! Variety is awesome), but what kind of cat do you have? I love both cats and dogs, but I am more familiar with dog breeds, so I am trying to introduce myself to more cat breeds and learn more about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dalton, I find it very interesting that your introduction was randomized for me. I say that mostly because I visited my Chiropractor three times last week to fix some neck pain. I think that it is a very respectable field and that Chiropractors are something society would not be able to function without. Your dogs and cat sound absolutely wonderful, I think Golden Doodles are such happy and beautiful dogs! I also wish you luck on applying to grad school! I think you will make a very fine Chiropractor.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dalton!

    I have had to go to the chiropractor for years because I have a slight case of scoliosis. I hope if that is what you end up doing for your career that you enjoy it! Also, congrats on your good grades! College can be stressful so good grades are definitely a great feeling after the semester is over. I also really love all of the same TV shows you mentioned! I have rewatched The Office and Friends so many times I can quote them. If you ever get the chance, go to Italy! You will love the pasta there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dilton.

    I see that you love dogs as much as I do! I have a border collie and a toy Australian Shepard but I would love to get another one. I have always been a fan of golden doodles and might actually look into getting one! I like cat but I don't think that I would enjoy owning one of them. I also admire the fact that you love to go hunting. I have been hunting a couple of time and the rush of pulling the trigger is something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dalton,

    I'm very interested in how you became so interested in Chiropractic. I love popping my joints and definitely need to visit a Chiropractor to fix my bad back! It's so cool that you're also very into nature and wildlife. I grew up in the Texas hill-country so I can definitely relate to you on this. You also have fantastic taste in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dalton! I love the movie Good Will Hunting!! It was so good! I am also a big fan of The Office and Friends! Those are both great TV shows. I really enjoy 80s music as well. I like listening to 80s music because it is unique and fun and music really is not made like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dalton! I actually did not like Good Will Hunting very much, but I totally agree with you on The Big Short and The Accountant! The Big Short is extra crazy because that happened during our lifetimes, and it was so interesting to learn how a few individuals managed to figure out what was happening. Good luck with your pursuit of chiropractic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought The Accountant was a fabulous movie, Dalton! I watched it by accident not even knowing what it was going to be about, and I was so glad I did. It's one of those movies so full of surprises; I wish I could watch it again for the first time, but you only get to enjoy all the surprises one time only.
    And it is exciting to meet a future chiropractor! I've had some friends who were really helped by seeing a chiropractor when other kinds of therapy hadn't worked out.
    Keep an eye out for the hunting stories in the epics: as you saw in the Ramayana, all kinds of unpredictable things happen when people (especially princes and kings!) go hunting... and the same is going to be true of the Mahabharata too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dalton!

    It is always beneficial to have a major that can lead to many different jobs and opportunities. Your goals are very detailed. I like that you know what you want to do. I really do hope that you are able to get into Chiropractic graduate school in the fall. I would love to learn how to rock climb. That would be so much fun! I also love pasta and Mexican food, but I am a vegetarian, so I usually substitute the meat out for vegetarian meat. Going for a boat ride seems very lovely right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Dalton! I have heard about human anatomy and how tough the class is, but it sounds really fascinating. It is always really interesting to learn more about the human body, and examining human cadavers sounds intense but important to apply all the things you’ve learned in the class. I’m also a huge fan of any type of pasta, but my absolute favorite has to be spaghetti. Mexican food is also really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Dalton,

    I think that you have a very specific goal and I hope that you will be able to accomplish it one day. Hearing from you about hunting make me want to try it out. I have never hunt ever in my life and I hope that one day I will be able to explore that. Same for rock climbing, I do wonder sometimes. "Are you ever afraid of height? how can you overcome it when do rock climbing?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week #3 Story: Ramayana