StoryLab: Ted Talk Videos

The Danger of a Single Story

I really enjoyed listening to this ted talk because I can relate it to my life very easily. She talks about how many people have viewed her in a single mindset. People have been stereotyping her for quite some time now just because of her heritage and her skin color. She tells the troubles of having a single story which relates to just having a single mindset of something and not have a perspective. However, she also talks about how she has had a single story mindset. I can relate this to my life because I have been guilty of stereotyping certain things because I am not knowledgeable about certain things. I should go about life with a multiple perspectives and slow to judge someone because I might not know the whole story.


I had never really thought about how I connect with fictional characters in movies or books but I definitely do. I have seen both Harry Potter and Game of Thrones and have connected with so many of the characters without really meaning to. I do love watching movies and relating to different characters and getting sad when certain characters get sad. I even can grow to hate certain characters just because they are made out to be someone hated even though are probably the complete opposite in real life. This was definitely interesting to take a step back and think about all the different characters I have connected with and looked at them as if they are real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Chiropractor

Week #3 Story: Ramayana